It is a rainy day. You are on the couch and all cozied up in a woolen blanket with a book or your favorite show. You can hear the water falling into puddles and battering against the windows, and the steam is rising from a nice, hot cup of tea. However, this scene is not complete: you are lacking the most important ingredient.
What you need now are some good, homemade brownies to fill up your belly! I love brownies— in fact, they are my very favorite among all baked goods and desserts. Really, I can never go for more than a week without some! However, cooking brownies from scratch can though satisfying, be time consuming and messy. Conveniently enough, we have the best brownie mix. This is a way easier path to a delicious dessert that you can buy at any grocery store.
But how to choose the best brownie mix option? How do you know it is healthy or will be tasty at all? I have been through this process and, believe me, have sampled lots and lots of good brownies. So, I have picked the ones that really stand out and are beloved by the public, and here, I bring them to you!
Table of Contents
- The Anatomy of the Brownie
- Comparison of 9 Best Brownie Mixs in 2022
- Top 9 Best Brownie Mix Reviews in 2022
- 1. No Pudge! Fat-Free Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2. KING ARTHUR FLOUR Fudge Brownie Mix
- 3. Keto and Co Fudge Brownie Mix
- 4. Doctor’s CarbRite Diet Brownie Mix
- 5. Good Dee’s Brownie Mix
- 6. Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 7. Cup 4 Cup Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 8. Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix
- 9. Betty Crocker Baking Brownie Mix
- How to Choose Your Best Match: Brownie Mix Edition
- My Best Brownie Mix Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Indulge That Sweet Tooth!
The Anatomy of the Brownie
Who has not tried or does not love a good, easy brownie made with the best quality brownie mix? This way, you barely get your hands dirty and end up with a delicious treat just as good as its homemade cousin.
The brownie was invented by a famous socialite in nineteenth-century Chicago and became famous almost instantly. Seriously, I know no one who does not enjoy a brownie or two. They usually contain some sort of flour (most often wheat, but there are lots of gluten-free versions), eggs, milk, some nuts, and— of course— chocolate!
Brownie mixes in a box are different in that they are already powdered and blended: they only need for you to add a little extra— eggs, milk, or yogurt, for example— to be ready for baking and relishing. There are many different types of mixes: gluten-free, sugar-free, low carbs, and triple fudge are some examples. Here is all you need to know to get the best brownie mix out there into your very own kitchen and your stomach!
Comparison of 9 Best Brownie Mixs in 2022
These are the specifics of each of the brownie mix products I have reviewed. Pay close attention!
||Check Price ➜|
|King Arthur Flour||
||Check Price ➜|
|Keto and Co||
||Check Price ➜|
|Doctor’s CarbRite Diet||
||Check Price ➜|
|Good Dee’s Cookie Mix||
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
Top 9 Best Brownie Mix Reviews in 2022
Here are the reviews of the best store-bought brownie mix. Your taste buds will love it!
The pack of 6 No Pudge! Brownie mix boxes are a great buy if you want a nutritionally healthier treat. The cool thing about these brownies is that you make them by adding yogurt! Quite an interesting idea. The box serves 12 normal-sized brownies, which makes for 72 brownies in total.
- The idea to use yogurt in the recipe is very original and tasty
- The packaging is fun and cute. Great for kids!
- Contains only Kosher and natural ingredients
- Not good for people who are lactose intolerant
This brownie mix is amazing for those who can’t have gluten in their diet— and, frankly, for everyone else too! It is made from top-quality cacao selections and is verified to be non-GMO. It is one of my favorite ever! The best gluten-free brownie mixes out there. Also, great fancy name.
Makes for a batch of sixteen square 2-inches brownies: four more than your typical box. Also, the taste is spectacular. Intense, rich, and authentic!
- Makes a large batch of brownies
- Free of gluten and all artificial GMO
- Premium cacao content,
- This brand has gotten awards for its gluten-free products
- Be careful with the oven temperature, otherwise, brownies will turn rock-hard
A lot of people are trying out keto diets nowadays, and for them, it’s incredibly difficult to find a keto-approved dessert! To stay on track with your keto diet and still sate your cravings, this is the best brownie mix for keto, all the gushing reviews attest to that.
To start off, let me remind you that the ingredients are quite a lot different than your family’s carb and fat-laden brownies, so of course, they would not taste as hearty. However, even among diet brownies, these are top quality and taste amazing.
What are the benefits that this brownie mix offers? It’s great for keto diets and also for anyone who’s dairy intolerant, gluten intolerant, or just want to go low carb. It tastes chocolatey and gooey and overall amazing. You’re not going back to high-calorie brownies after tasting this.
There are little tricks to making this delicious, though. You definitely need to make sure your melted butter is cooled before you pour it into this mix. If the taste seems a little off right out of the oven, try it chilled. Lastly, soften some cream cheese and try out a cheesecake brownie using this!
- Contains 94% less sugar than traditional brownies
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, and very low carb
- Contains lots of dietary fibers
- Has really low calories
- Great tasting if you keep it in the fridge
- Has a bit of a chemical taste
- Might give some people stomach issues
This low-carb brownie mix is friendly for dieters and those watching their weight. It has only 204 calories in one serving, and just 108 of those calories are derived from fat: about half those of a normal best brownie mix. It is tasty, full of protein and healthy fiber, and free of sugar. For a diet-friendly mix, this mix produces gorgeous, chewy brownies!
- The fudgy texture is great
- High in fiber and protein content
- Filling and will help you avoid unnecessary snacking
- Not free of gluten and other allergens
Good Dee has created a brownie mix that is perfect for those who don’t want to put on weight: it is really low in carbs, fat, and gluten. It is versatile: you can use coconut oil instead of butter, and use it to create different types of brownies to suit your fancy.
This mix is so good at what it does is largely due to the sugar substitute. The lack of sugar really makes it a lot healthier than other brownie mix options. However, the sugar substitute has a minty taste that you might be averse to.
- Just one net carb per brownie powder serving!
- Using this you can make both a cakey batch or a fudgy one
- It is free of soy and gluten contents
- The taste might be too subtle for those who enjoy really rich brownies
Who does not want a monster-sized boxed brownie mix? The best Ghirardelli brownie mix really delivers: a large amount of best brownie mix powder serves 3 normal batches. This is great for large families, parties, or just not going to the store so often. Also, triple chocolate goodness! You can really feel that melty taste: all the semi-sweet, milk, and bittersweet nuances.
- Extra chocolaty taste
- Large size makes it a very practical purchase
- If you are watching your weight or fat intake, better avoid this mix!
This nutrient-rich boxed brownie mix is produced by a company that created the best gluten substitute flour out there. Consequently, the brownies do live up to that reputation! This flour is used in the brownie mix but you really can’t tell the difference! They taste nice, have a solidly good texture, and is mostly free of allergens (except for corn).
Each box makes an 8’’ by 8’’ pan. This brownie mix will not give you any headache since it is certified kosher, gluten-free, and non-GMO— not a common thing in brownies, and I think it’s great!
- It is at the same time kosher, gluten-free, and non-GMO
- Rich in nutrients, especially Vitamin A and Calcium
- Contains a really good gluten flour substitute
- Be cautious if you’re allergic to corn or dairy
While Keto-approved, gluten-free, sugar-free, and allover diet-friendly brownies sound like a great idea, sometimes you just want something hearty. A quick solution to your munchies, this Duncan Hines brownie mix is something that can be prepared in less than an hour.
If the soft, teeth-sinking fudge brownies aren’t quite to your taste, you can always make this brownie for a chewy brownie with some bite. In case you’re not sure how to make chewy brownies, the package of this brownie mix illustrates the process for you in perfect clarity.
Duncan Hines brownie mix contains wheat, in other words: gluten, as well as traces of tree nuts and peanuts. So if you’re allergic to any of those, you’re better off checking out the other choices in this list. Despite that, I’d say this is the best chewy brownie mix I could find.
- Hearty taste
- Easy and quick preparation
- Makes a large batch
- Some customers complained about a bland flavor
Another good option that is free of gluten, the Betty Crocker Brownie Mix has no artificial flavors or preservatives. If you are looking for a truly healthy option, this is right up there! One box makes a whopping 18 tasty best brownie mix.
You really can’t tell the difference between these and non-gluten-free brownies. The flavor is just that good. Some people even say that these actually taste better! s a fudgy brownie aficionado, I love this! They are super creamy, moist, and gooey.
- Gluten-free yet rich and delicious
- Very fudgy taste
- Make a large batch
- No artificial ingredients
- They contain corn
- May contain GMO products
How to Choose Your Best Match: Brownie Mix Edition
Now that you know which the best brownie mix products are, it is time to decide which one of these is best for you and your personal sweet tooth! I know, I know— they all seem promising and delicious and— yes!— you can try them all in turn. However, in order to decide where to start, you have to know what to look for.
A Few Important Factors
- A number of portions: Is your whole, large family going to be eating the brownies or are you going to eat the brownies yourself? You will probably need to buy different sizes of boxed brownie mix for different numbers of people.
- Type of brownie: The main types of brownies are fudge brownies and cake brownies. Fudge brownies are gooey, fatty, and cook more slowly than their drier cousins. A cake brownie, instead, is airy, tall, and generally contains less fat. What type you end up buying depends, of course, of your very personal taste.
- Is it organic? Maybe you are a healthy eating buff and, in that case, you care about the ingredients that go into your diet and your body. You can choose a brownie mix that is fully organic and non-GMO (no genetically modified ingredients).
- The number of carbs: Are you on a diet or trying to maintain a healthy weight? You can still have those brownies you so crave! Just choose a low-fat, low-carb version brownie mix. Remember to compliment your low-carb diet with exercise!
- Presence of possible allergens: If you know that you are allergic to food ingredients— especially wheat, soy, or dairy. Also, be mindful of what else the manufacturing facilities are used for and read all product disclaimers.
- Presence of gluten: If you have coeliac disease or gluten triggers negative reactions in your body (such as IBS or breakouts), you still do not have to give up your beloved brownies! Just choose a gluten-free option and enjoy!
So, considering these factors, which is the brownie mix that appeals to you the most?
My Best Brownie Mix Recipe Tips and Tricks
After you have bought your boxed brownie mix, it is time to get ready for cooking! Hence, some pro tips for an unforgettable brownie batch:
- After preheating the oven, bring its temperature down to medium to low. Otherwise, you risk burning or drying the brownies up too much.
- As long as you are not allergic, you can add tree nuts (like walnuts or some sophisticated almonds) or raisins to the mix before you stick it in the oven. This will give your brownies a special touch!
- If your brownie is still not chocolatey enough for you, you can replace raisins and nuts for some chocolate or raw cacao chips.
- If you want to make your brownie batch extra gooey, put a container filled with water inside the oven as you bake. Doing this will make sure there is a lot of extra moisture for super fudgy brownies!
With these expert tips, you really can’t go wrong! Enjoy the delicious scent of brownies filling up your kitchen.
Also Read: Top Best Pizza Peel – Useful for Home Oven
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can You Make Brownies by Adding Milk in Place of Water?
A: Following the recipe is one way to go but you can always spice things up by adding different replacements for a much better and unique taste. You can add replacements like milk or some cream to the mixture instead of water because milk gives more flavor to the brownies instead of the water. And if you add baking soda and milk to the brownie mixture together then you will have a more cakey flavored brownie.
Q: How to Make Your Brownies Chewy?
A: There are three types of people when eating a brownie; one that wants their brownie to be cakey, others fudgy and the rest are the ones who like their brownies chewy. Among these chewy is most adored because it gives you the rich experience of chewiness texture.
You can also make your brownies chewy by adding unsaturated oils, dark brown sugar, and some white sugar to the mixture. But to get a chewy experience, just undercook your brownies a little bit and leave them in the fridge for an hour.
Q: Is It Safe to Combine 2 Brownie Mixes?
A: Yes, it is safe to combine 2 brownie mixes but for that, you will need a larger pan, and you will also have to double all the ingredients. For instance, if you were adding two eggs to the mixture, now you will have to add four eggs to the brownie mix. So, do not worry all the process is the same, it is just you will have to add everything double in the mixture.
Indulge That Sweet Tooth!
You have a sweet tooth, I get it. Don’t we all? There is nothing like a sweet, rich brownie to get your required dose of baked goods. Fortunately, now you know everything you need to make a good choice of the best brownie mix.
You can decide, depending on health, allergies, size, and personal taste, which of these best brownie mix products you prefer, and you have all the tools to make it the best dessert of your life! So, get that blanket and TV show ready, put the kettle on the stove, and relax. Your delicious, easy brownies will be ready in no time at all!