You wake up on a Sunday morning looking forward to a day of ease and downright chill. You don’t want to do anything strenuous: you deserve the rest. So you grab the pancake miz and proceed to very laboriously toil away at the pan to make your beloved pancakes. Something does not sound right, does it? This is the perfect moment for the intervention of an electric griddle.
This little kitchen device is the absolute best for making pancakes without all that flipping, accidentally burning, on the floor dropping nonsense. They are not just for pancake lovers, though! An electric griddle is perfect for those times when you have lots and lots of guests over and all your stovetop is taken up by various meals and preparations.
Here, a best electric griddle can save you by providing extra space to cook burgers, grilled cheese sandwiches, bacon, and so much more! Super practical, handy, and easy to use, electric griddles are truly amazing. But how do you know you are getting the best of the bunch? Of course, you come to your trusted Cooky Aunty cooking advisor in chief!
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 9 Best Electric Griddle in 2020
- Top 9 Best Electric Griddle Reviews in 2020
- 1. Presto Electric Griddle With Removable Handles
- 2. Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Griddle
- 3. Presto Cool-Touch Electric Ceramic Griddle
- 4. Oster Infused DuraCeramic Reversible Grill
- 5. Broil King PCG-10 Portable Nonstick Griddle
- 6. BLACK+DECKER Family-Sized Electric Griddle
- 7. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
- 8. T-fal OptiGrill Large Indoor Electric Grill
- 9. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
- What to Look for in an Electric Griddle?
- Buy, Grill, Serve, Love!
Comparison of 9 Best Electric Griddle in 2020
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
Top 9 Best Electric Griddle Reviews in 2020
Here is my experience based, professional cook selection for the most popular and best rated electric griddles in the land. Find out what I liked and did not like about them down below!
The Presto 07061 is a good, solid choice for an electric griddle and one of the most beloved products in this industry niche. Minimalistic design, a flat cooking top that is easy to use, and super simple to store. One of the best flat top griddle products!
- The cooking top is attached to the handles and base by simple latch clips. This means that it is easy to separate for cleaning and easy to store when you want it to be out of sight.
- When you remove the heat control, you can plunge it into the water without any fear!
- The Presto 07061’s flat top guarantees that there will be no pooling of heat and food juices in any area of the griddle.
- The high-tech heat control maintains the temperature automatically. A winner feature!
- Be careful when cooking— as it is such a flat, streamlined design, it is only too easy to accidentally get burned. It is not a good option for those with small children.
The Oster DuraCeramic Griddle is one of the best electric griddles out there. It has a “double-decker” feature that pairs the usual cooking surface with a secondary warming tray, almost doubling up the space. It’s also made of specially designed ceramic materials that are better for your health than their more traditional counterparts.
- PTFE & PFOA chemicals are known to be harmful to your health. This special ceramic coated electric griddle completely eliminates them from your food cooking process. Isn’t that just great?
- Experience has shown me that this griddle is about 20% faster at cooking than all others I have used in the past.
- The warming tray and compartment let you cook your meal in batches and keep what you have already cooked warm until the moment of serving!
- The cooking surface and heat distribution are somewhat uneven, resulting in oddly-cooked food.
- Not very durable: wears out fast.
This amazing ceramic nonstick electric griddle is easy to use, easy to handle, easy to clean. If you are looking for the best electric griddle for pancakes that will blend in seamlessly with a classy breakfast display, you have gotten yourself a winner right here!
- The design is no fuss, easy to manage, as well as low and minimalistic enough to be used as a serving tray for hot pancakes on any pretty breakfast table.
- The heavy cast aluminium base makes it feel solid and durable.
- Because it is 20’’, it is perfectly suited to cooking big servings of food for the whole family.
- The cooking surface is ceramic: healthier than other materials!
- It is PFOA free but not free of PTFE. This is not such a big issue, but it is best to avoid this if you have pet birds, as it can be dangerous to them.
Oster developed a specially designed ceramic coating that they used for creating the DuraCeramic griddles. The idea is that it lasts four times longer than other competing products. It truly is a great griddle! Healthy, cooks fast, is multipurpose. Honestly, I think it is a great option.
- This grill and griddle has a reversible cooking surface: it is both good for cooking things like pancakes and for grilling your fave meat dishes!
- Dishwasher safe: makes it easy to clean up after cooking!
- Truly non-stick, this healthy material product lives up to its claims
- The stainless steel panel gives the Oster DuraCeramic Grill and Griddle a firm touch.
- Perfect power balance: it cooks meat to that hard-to-find perfect texture in no time and with little residue.
- Visually clunky.
If you are looking for a huge cooking surface for a family of twelve or if you have people over often, the Broil King PCG-10 is your best electric griddle. Its cooking surface is 21×12 inches of pure environmentally friendly nonstick material. This bad boy can get heated up to 425 degrees F!
- Broil King came up with an environmentally friendly solution to nonstick coating. Personally, I am always convinced that taking care of our environment in one of the best investments we can make.
- The size is heavenly! No more awkward fumbling around to make space to squeeze one more burger on the cooking tray.
- The Broil King PCG-10 is designed so that the back legs act as the conductor of any cooking residue toward the dripping tray.
- There are some hot and cold spots on the surface, but they are not as extreme as in some of the models produced by competitors. No biggie!
This large and much-beloved griddle is a basic, solid product that will last. It has the stuff you need: removable drip tray, warming compartment, a cool thermostat. The design is so modern that you might even confuse it for a scanner or printer!
- It has a warming tray that slides out of the side, where you can keep all the goodies while you finish your cooking business in no rush.
- The cooking surface, at 20×10 inches, is reasonably large.
- The thermostat is click and lock, which means that there will be no accidents that change the settings and burn the meal you worked so hard to make!
- Call me old-fashioned, but I really do enjoy some heavy, metallic feel on my cooking appliances and devices. This one does not have that satisfying feel.
- No retainer for the drip tray means that it can slide out quite easily if you tilt the griddle while cleaning.
- The surface is not “best electric flat top griddle” material: it has uneven places that cause hot spots to develop.
Venturing further into the realm of meats, chicken, and grilling, we come across the Hamilton Beach Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill. Phew. This baby is able to grill or sear grill up to 8 servings at a time. Essentially, it provides a true grilling experience for busy people who do not often have time to set up a whole big outdoor grill.
- It has a handle that has been specifically and ergonomically designed for you to be able to lift the grill’s top without burning your fingertips and hands!
- As its name indicates, it is truly smokeless! How this is achieved is a bit of a mystery, but it sure works wonders.
- The lid, grill plate, and drip pan are all removable: cleaning up is easy as pie!
- No pancakes here! This is purely a grill and searing grill. Though it is very good at all those things, I, as a sworn pancake lover, must say that it is not my favorite.
- The window through which you get to see the food cooking is a tad small for my taste.
Also Read: Best Crepe Pan Reviews in 2020
T-fal’s OptiGrill is an advanced, state-of-the-art solution to grilling indoors. Here you can cook anything from veggies to red meat and shellfish without fear of burning or smoking the house down! This appliance gets the job done for you, which is great if you are short on time (or cooking skills).
- The T-fal OptiGrill XL has a beeping and flashing indicator that tells you when your meat hits your desired cooking point. Grilling is now foolproof!
- It has automatic settings for 9 different programs— amazing, isn’t it? These are designed to perfectly cook different meaty dishes such as burgers, poultry, sausages, and even shellfish! Sophisticated.
- It includes a mode to cook frozen food fast and several manual modes for grilling some tasty veggies and other stuff.
- Comes with a recipe book!
- With all those modes, even the machine gets confused at times. You might have to occasionally recalibrate your product.
This dark, solid looking beauty of an electric griddle is, for me, the best electric griddle on the market. It is multifunctional and reasonably sized. It is also so pretty that you will not mind leaving it on the counter when not in use!
- A large cooking surface: Its size makes it good for cooking family meals.
- Transparent tempered glass lid that lets you see the progress of the meal while keeping food smells out of your decor and the food itself juicy.
- Adjustable and detachable thermostat.
- The heat on this product is really even: no more awkward fumbling with those burgers!
- If you are even a little bit harsh with your cleaning, the nonstick coating will start to wear off soon.
- The drip pan itself is not nonstick. This means that it will eventually get stained from all the food juices, but this is merely an aesthetic problem.
What to Look for in an Electric Griddle?
When you look at the very varied market to find the right electric griddle for you, you might feel a little disoriented. So many options, materials, ergonomic designs, and claims to be the next hot thing to change your life for the better.
You should not underestimate the power of an electric griddle to make your cooking a lot simpler, but you need to be able to evaluate your lifestyle and find a product that fits right. What do you need to consider?
- Size: Take a look at your family. If it is just you, or just you and your partner, you will need way less cooking space than what a whole family of seven will require. Do not buy an over sized electric griddle, as it will take up unnecessary space on your counter top. If you really do not need a big griddle product, buy a smaller one and use the space you just freed up to put up a nice vase with flowers.
- Materials: The materials that make up your new best electric griddle are super important for durability, ease of cleaning, and health. Check every product for health warnings as some materials can be flagged in certain states for causing serious health issues. Take your family’s health into your own hands. In terms of durability, stainless steel is always best.
- Purpose: If you are planning your electric griddle as a regular replacement for your normal pan or grill, you will need to choose hardier, more durable materials. Also, look for griddles that come with a removable drip plate for grease residue. A pancake-only grill needs much less fussing with particular components!
- Design and aesthetics: Do you care about how your electric griddle looks? If you do, try to choose a version that matches the general vibe of your space, or that can be easily put away when it is not in use. My favorite, in this sense, is the Delonghi Perfecto Indoor Grill: its stainless steel body and clear glass lid make it both minimal and solidly modern, besides super practical. Win-win!
- Ease of use: An electric griddle that can be easily disassembled when you want to clean it is a thousand times better than a griddle that is in made of just one solid, immovable piece. Bonus points if you can safely and sustainably clean the removable pieces in the dishwasher!
Buy, Grill, Serve, Love!
Now that you know how to pick an electric griddle out of the many options out there, you can make an informed choice for you and your family. The materials, spatial design, ergonomics, and nonstick coating on the cooking surface are all important— but what you do with your electric griddle is what truly matters most.
Are you already looking forward to the next calm Sunday morning, preparing pumpkin cake or bacon in peace and with minimal effort? Now you can absolutely do that and devote that time you used to employ in toiling over the stove top to have fun with your family, watch Netflix and chill with friends or a partner, or even do a face treatment and pamper yourself.
With the best electric griddle, you can have all of this and so much more! Change your lifestyle today and make a choice toward a calmer, more relaxed lifestyle. Buy your quality electric griddle!