You wake up on a Sunday morning looking forward to a day of ease and downright chill. So, proceed to very laboriously toil away at the pan to make your beloved pancakes. Something does not sound right, does it? This can be turned into a perfect moment if you have one of the best electric griddles.
This little kitchen device is the absolute best for making pancakes without all that flipping, accidentally burning, on the floor dropping nonsense. However, they are not just for pancake lovers! Additionally, an electric griddle is perfect for those times when you have lots and lots of guests over and all your stovetop is taken up by various meals and preparations.
Here, the best electric griddle can save you by providing extra space to cook grilled cheese sandwiches, burgers, bacon, and so much more! Additionally, they are super practical, handy, and easy to use. Electric griddles are truly amazing! Although, how do you know you are getting the best of the bunch? Of course, you come to your trusted Cooky Aunty cooking advisor in chief!
Comparison of 9 Best Electric Griddles in 2022
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
||Check Price ➜|
Top 9 Best Electric Griddle Reviews in 2022
Here is my experience based, professional cook selection for the most popular and best rated electric griddles in the land. Find out what I liked and did not like about them down below!
1. Presto Electric Griddle With Removable Handles
The Presto 07061 is a good, solid choice for an electric griddle and one of the most beloved products in this industry niche. Minimalistic design, a flat cooking top that is easy to use, and super simple to store. Truly, it is one of the best flat top griddle products! The cooking top is attached to the handles and base by simple latch clips.
This means that it is easy to separate for cleaning and easy to store when you want it to be out of sight. Furthermore, what makes the cleaning easier, is that you can remove the heat control and put the cooking part into the water without any fear. The Presto 07061’s flat top guarantees that there will be no pooling of heat and food juices in any area of the griddle.
To elaborate, the high-tech heat control maintains the temperature automatically. A winner feature! However, be careful when cooking— as it is such a flat, streamlined design, it is only too easy to accidentally get burned. Consequently, It is not a good option for those with small children.
Also Read: Best Meat Slicer – Delicious Meals for Your Family
- The detachable cooking top is easy to handle and store
- Can be washed easily
- The flat top makes cooking efficient
- Flat design heightens the risk of burns
2. BELLA Electric Ceramic Titanium Griddle
The first thing you’ll notice on this griddle is the unique copper cooking surface. The ceramic-titanium coating is exceptionally non-stick. In fact, your food will keep sliding on the surface even without using any oil or cooking spray. Moreover, the manufacturers ask that you should not use the cooking spray at all, as it might build up on the surface and reduce its effectiveness.
The cooking surface is PTFE and PFOA free, therefore you don’t have to worry about dangerous smoke around your house. Moreover, it heats 30% faster than traditional non-stick cooking surfaces and griddles. However, some people seem to have had trouble with uneven heating on this griddle, but there’s a quick fix.
Preheat the griddle for 5-10 minutes, and the heat distribution will be more even. However, make sure to not heat this griddle too much, because there are quite a few plastic parts and they’re prone to melting. Although, for such an affordable price, you can’t get a griddle better than this.
- Unique ceramic-titanium non-stick coating
- Heats 30% faster than traditional non-stick
- Dishwasher safe drip tray
- PTFE and PFOA free
- Easy to clean
- Compact and lightweight design
- The non-stick surface starts losing effectiveness after a while
3. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill
Venturing further into the realm of meats, chicken, and grilling, we come across the Hamilton Beach Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill. As the name suggests, this baby is able to grill or sear grill up to 8 servings at a time. Essentially, it provides a true grilling experience for busy people who do not often have time to set up a whole big outdoor grill.
It has a handle that has been specifically and ergonomically designed for you to be able to lift the grill’s top without burning your fingertips and hands! Also, as its name indicates, it is truly smokeless! How this is achieved is a bit of a mystery, but it sure works wonders. Its lid, grill pan, and drip pan are all removable: cleaning up is easy as pie!
Also Read: Best Crepe Pan Reviews – for Make Delicious Breakfast
- Easy to move around
- Smokeless design
- Cleanup is a breeze
- Cannot make pancakes
4. BLACK+DECKER Family-Sized Electric Griddle
This large and much-beloved griddle is a basic, solid product that will last. It has the stuff you need: a removable drip tray, warming compartment, a cool thermostat. In fact, the design is so modern that you might even confuse it for a scanner or printer!
The warming tray slides out of the side, where you can keep all the goodies while you finish your cooking business in no rush! The cooking surface is a respectable 20×10 inches. Plus The thermostat is click and lock, which means that there will be no accidents that change the settings and burn the meal you worked so hard to make!
Although, there are some things that could be better. No retainer for the drip tray means that it can slide out quite easily if you tilt the griddle while cleaning. Moreover, The surface is not the “best electric flat top griddle” material: it has uneven places that cause hot spots to develop.
- Warming tray makes cooking stress-free
- The moderately large cooking surface
- A convenient thermostat reduces the risk of burning food
- The surface is not quite even
5. Presto Cool-Touch Electric Ceramic Griddle
This amazing ceramic nonstick electric griddle is easy to use, easy to handle, easy to clean. If you are looking for the best electric griddle for pancakes that will blend in seamlessly with a classy breakfast display, you have gotten yourself a winner right here!
The design is no fuss, easy to manage, as well as low and minimalistic enough to be used as a serving tray for hot pancakes on any pretty breakfast table. Plus, the heavy cast aluminum base makes it feel solid and durable. Because it is 20’’, it is perfectly suited to cooking big servings of food for the whole family.
Additionally, this griddle also has a healthy ceramic surface. However, keep in mind that it is not free of PTFE. This is not such a big issue, but it is best to avoid this if you have pet birds, as it can be dangerous to them.
Also Read: Best Infrared Grill for Evaluate Your Cooking Style
- Efficient design
- Sturdy construction means it lasts long
- Able to cook big batches
- The cooking surface is ceramic
- It is PFOA free but not PTFE free
6. T-fal OptiGrill Large Indoor Electric Grill
T-fal’s OptiGrill is an advanced, state-of-the-art solution to grilling indoors. Here you can cook anything from veggies to red meat and shellfish without fear of burning or smoking the house down! Truly, this appliance gets the job done for you, which is great if you are short on time (or cooking skills).
T-fal OptiGrill XL has a beeping and flashing indicator that tells you when your meat hits your desired cooking point. Consequently, grilling is now foolproof! Furthermore, its automatic settings for 9 different programs— amazing, isn’t it?
These are designed to perfectly cook different meaty dishes such as sausages, burgers, poultry, and even shellfish! Plus, the griddle includes a mode to cook frozen food fast and several manual modes for grilling some tasty veggies and other stuff.
- The indicator is a nice touch
- Automatic settings are convenient
- Includes a mode to cook frozen food quickly
- Comes with a recipe book!
- You might have to occasionally recalibrate your product
7. De’Longhi Perfecto Indoor Grill
This dark, solid-looking beauty of an electric griddle is, for me, the best electric griddle on the market. It is multifunctional and reasonably sized. Also, it is so pretty that you will not mind leaving it on the counter when not in use! The grill surface is very effective and makes lovely marks on steaks and anything else you’re grilling.
It’s a large surface, so you can cook a large steak and sear some veggie sides at the same time. The heat distribution is even, so your food will cook beautifully. However, there have been reports that the non-stick coating on the grill starts to scratch off after a while. And contrary to what the manufacturer claims, the drip tray also isn’t non-stick.
Additionally, it has a transparent tempered glass lid that lets you see the progress of the meal. It also keeps food smells out of your décor and the food itself juicy. The lid is sturdy enough that you don’t need to worry about it cracking from too much heat. Lastly, a little tip about the drip tray- put a little water on it when you’re cooking. That will make sure no smoke invades your kitchen.
Also Read: Best Meat Tenderizer – to Prepare Meat Before Cooking
What I liked
- Has a large cooking surface
- Comes with a convenient glass lid
- Adjustable and detachable thermostat
- The heat on this product is really even
- The nonstick coating might start to wear off soon
- The drip pan itself is not nonstick
8. Broil King Portable Nonstick Griddle
If you are looking for a huge cooking surface for a family of twelve or if you have people over often, the Broil King PCG-10 is your best electric griddle. Its cooking surface is 21×12 inches of pure environmentally friendly nonstick material. Additionally, this bad boy can get heated up to 425 degrees F!
Broil King came up with an environmentally friendly solution to the nonstick coating. Personally, I am always convinced that taking care of our environment is one of the best investments we can make. The size is heavenly! No more awkward fumbling around to make space to squeeze one more burger on the cooking tray.
Plus, the Broil King PCG-10 is designed so that the back legs act as the conductor of any cooking residue toward the dripping tray. The one thing that slightly put me off about this otherwise great griddle is the surface, where there are some hot and cold spots. However, they are not as extreme as in some of the models produced by competitors. No biggie!
- Environment-friendly and healthy nonstick option
- Large, convenient size
- Thoughtful design includes a dripping tray
- There are some hot and cold spots on the surface
9. Oster DuraCeramic Electric Griddle
Oster developed a specially designed ceramic coating that they used for creating the DuraCeramic griddles. The idea is that it lasts four times longer than other competing products. It truly is a great griddle! Healthy, cooks fast, is multipurpose. Honestly, I think it is a great option.
Aside from the healthy coating, this griddle is also easy to clean and maintain. After you’re done cooking (and eating!) that yummy food, the cleanup is also easy! You can just wipe it with a paper towel when it’s warm and then go over with a damp sponge. Don’t forget to disconnect, though.
As a bonus, this griddle also comes with a warming tray. What do you do when you’re cooking a big batch of breakfast and there’s not enough space on the griddle surface? You keep the first batch in the warming tray and start cooking the next batch already!
Also Read: Best Meat Grinders Review – Grind Meat at Home
- Titanium infused DuraCeramic non-stick coating
- 4x harder than traditional non-stick coating
- Comes with a warming tray
- Easy to clean up
- Heat distribution is uneven and food burns sometimes
What to Look for in an Electric Griddle?
When you look at the very varied market to find the right electric griddle for you, you might feel a little disoriented. So many options, materials, ergonomic designs, and claims to be the next hot thing to change your life for the better. You should not underestimate the power of an electric griddle to make your cooking a lot simpler, but you need to be able to evaluate your lifestyle and find a product that fits right.
What do you need to consider?
- Size: Take a look at your family. If it is just you, or just you and your partner, you will need way less cooking space than what a whole family of seven will require. If you really do not need a big griddle product, buy a smaller one and use the space you just freed up to put up some other useful kitchen appliance or a nice vase with flowers.
- Materials: The materials that make up your new best electric griddle are super important for durability, ease of cleaning, and health. Check every product for health warnings as some materials can be flagged in certain states for causing serious health issues. In terms of durability, stainless steel is always best.
- Purpose: If you are planning your electric griddle as a regular replacement for your normal pan or grill, you will need to choose hardier, more durable materials. Also, look for griddles that come with a removable drip plate for grease residue. A pancake-only grill needs much less fussing with particular components!
- Design and Aesthetics: Do you care about how your electric griddle looks? If you do, try to choose a version that matches the general vibe of your space, or that can be easily put away when it is not in use. My favorite, in this sense, is the Delonghi Perfecto
- Indoor Grill: its stainless steel body and clear glass lid make it both minimal and solidly modern, besides super practical. Win-win!
- Ease of Use: An electric griddle that can be easily disassembled when you want to clean it is a thousand times better than a griddle that is made of just one solid, immovable piece. Bonus points if you can safely and sustainably clean the removable pieces in the dishwasher!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What Temperature Should a Griddle Be?
A: To get the characteristic caramelization that a griddle cooking usually offers, it’s best to make sure the temperature is between 350 and 375°F. This also makes sure the food isn’t left raw in the middle. Make sure you use a food thermometer to get the temperature perfectly.
Q: What Is the Best Oil to Use on a Griddle?
A: You should use vegetable oil on a griddle, ideally, canola oil. To make sure the oil does not smoke too much or impart a noticeable flavor, this oil is the best because it has a smoke point of 400 – 450°F.
Q: Can You Cook Fish on an Electric Griddle?
A: Not without a lot of trouble, no. While you can cook a plethora of amazing meals on a griddle, cooking fish on a griddle will leave you with a mouthful of smoke and fume. Your kitchen smoke alarm might go off and the cooking expedition will fail.
Also Read: Griddle vs Grill – The Difference Between Them
Buy, Grill, Serve, Love!
Now that you know how to pick an electric griddle out of the many options out there, you can make an informed choice for yourself and your family. The materials, spatial design, ergonomics, and nonstick coating on the cooking surface are all important— but what you do with your electric griddle is what truly matters most.
Are you already looking forward to the next calm Sunday morning, preparing pumpkin cake or bacon in peace and with minimal effort? Now you can absolutely do that and devote that time you used to employ in toiling over the stovetop to have fun with your family, watch Netflix and chill with friends or a partner, or even do a face treatment and pamper yourself.
With the best electric griddle, you can have all of this and so much more! Change your lifestyle today and make a choice toward a calmer, more relaxed lifestyle. Buy your quality electric griddle!
Leave a Reply