I love having a good cup of green tea in the morning or during a break from work: both the comfort and the knowledge that it’s good for me are the best! Choosing the best green tea will give you a delicious taste and scent, all of the health and weight-loss benefits of well-made green tea.
Most importantly, you get the peace of mind that comes from knowing it was ethically sourced. Green tea is made out of the freshest leaves of the tea plant before they have the chance to oxidase and wither. It is known for its amazing benefits for your health, as well as for its delicate flavor. Here are some of my top picks among the best quality green teas out there:
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 10 Best Green Teas in 2021
- Top 10 Best Green Tea Reviews in 2021
- 1. Twinings Keurig K-Cups Green Tea
- 2. Honest Tea Organic Tea Variety Pack
- 3. Tealyra Jasmine Green Tea
- 4. Lipton Natural Green Tea
- 5. Davidson’s Gunpowder Green Tea
- 6. Jade Leaf Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 7. Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea
- 8. MatchaDNA Organic Matcha Green Tea
- 9. Eco Heed Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 10. Pure Leaf Gunpowder Hot Tea Bags
- How I Pick the Best Green Tea to Drink: Types
- Keep Preparation in Mind!
- Best Green Tea for Weight Loss
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Buy, Steep, Enjoy!
Comparison of 10 Best Green Teas in 2021
|Twinings||Check Price ➜|
|Honest Tea||Check Price ➜|
|Tealyra||Check Price ➜|
|Lipton||Check Price ➜|
|Davidson’s||Check Price ➜|
|Jade Leaf Matcha||Check Price ➜|
|Kiss Me Organics||Check Price ➜|
|MatchaDNA||Check Price ➜|
|Eco Heed||Check Price ➜|
|Pure Leaf||Check Price ➜|
Top 10 Best Green Tea Reviews in 2021
Here is my pick of the 10 finest green tea products to bring flavor and tranquility to your cup:
Twinings is one of the most renowned tea brands in the world— and with good reason! Their Green Tea falls within one of the main green tea categories: Sencha. This has a mild flavor and golden tones. You will find that you can perceive the toasted notes remaining from when it was pan-dried— a hearty, authentic flavor.
Twinings made this product specifically for use in a Keurig machine, which means the tea comes inside cups. This is so it can be inserted into the machine slot and brewed.
I know, I know, Keurig machines are supposed to be used for brewing coffee. But even if you are an avid lover of coffee, sometimes you just yearn for that lovely, subtle flavor of the tea. If that’s the case, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for with these K-cups.
- I find I like this Green Tea’s refreshing flavor
- It works very well in the brewing machine it is designed for
- Comes in packs of 12 and 24
- This product is made specifically for use within a machine
Honest Tea is a beverage that comes in a pack of 12 bottles. Each bottle contains 16.9 fluid ounces (500 ml.) of a green tea-based drink. They have a wide variety of flavors: from Honey Green Tea to raspberry and other fruits. This tea is only slightly sweet, and it boasts impressive certificates: it’s organic, non-GMO, and fair-trade.
While you’re trying to keep yourself healthy, it doesn’t hurt to reach for options that’ll keep the environment healthy, as well. This tea-in-a-bottle does give you that option.
While you might squirm thinking of the sugar content in this drink, it helps to remember that none of this is added sugar. It’s all-natural. So you don’t have too much to think about unless you’re diabetic or completely avoid sugar for some other health issue.
- Comes in a bottle and ready to drink
- The plastic bottles are completely recyclable
- Certificates of fair trade, non-GMO
- The packaging and flavoring do limit your temperature options
The Imperial Jasmine by Tealyra is a blend of delicate jasmine flowers and Chinese green tea. In this mix, the anti-aging, antioxidant, and weight loss supportive benefits of the best green tea are accompanied by the Jasmine. This flower is good for digestion, disease prevention, and the immune system. The Imperial Jasmine’s presentation is pearls.
This means the tea leaves are rolled and covered in jasmine flowers, making the tea absorb the perfume. If you’re looking to get the best out of this drink, make sure to follow the instructions to brew this tea properly. Only then will you be able to get fresh and rich, aromatic jasmine green tea. The luxurious taste and flavor make this tea an excellent choice to give as a gift to someone you love.
- The combination of jasmine and green tea is inspired!
- Look forward to a flowery, refreshing pitcher
- While this tea is soothing, it is also caffeinated for an energy boost
- Some customers complained about hygiene issues
Now— and inevitably!— a Lipton green tea review. This is one of the big names in tea production. Their Green Tea is a staple and good for those who are starting out with this type of brew. These tea leaves are 100% Rainforest Alliance certified, so that’s one less thing weighing on your conscience.
The package includes several bags, which makes it useful for parties or situations with a lot of cups and guests. You can have it hot or cold: the taste is mild and suited to both temperatures. In both cases, you will get the health benefits of green tea.
The price is quite low for 6 packs of tea, each containing 20 tea bags. If you’re a regular green-tea drinker who appreciates a mild-flavored tea, this offers pretty good value.
- It is ethically produced
- Practical: just toss the teabag in the cup, pour water, and voila
- Looks fresh and clear, with no preservatives or colorings
- The packaging is not very eco-friendly.
Davidson’s produces and sells Gunpowder Green Tea— a variety of best green tea in which each leaf is individually rolled, helping it keep its nutrients, health benefits, and taste for longer.
The tea comes in a conveniently sized package that, because of its aluminum lining, allows for longer-term fresh storage. Davidson’s Gunpowder Green has an organic certification and is sourced from China, the traditional home of this sort of tea.
- The packaging is great for both the environment and the product
- Organic certification
- You can get it in a considerable quantity
- The flavor is strong and earthy
- If you are looking for a delicate flavor, then look somewhere else!
One hundred percent organic and free of additives, Jade Leaf Matcha is an interesting matcha tea option. All the benefits of matcha— help with focus, weight loss, and antioxidants— are present in this tea. Jade Leaf Matcha sources its leaves from traditional farms in Japan, and their packages are resealable.
I find the packaging quite sensible, as when left improperly sealed, the flavor evaporated real fast. As this is culinary grade, you can easily use this for various recipes. There is no sweetener or flavor added to make sure you only get the authentic taste of Japanese organic matcha.
I went through some customer reviews, and most people were praising it for its ability to increase their energy and focus levels. Some were disappointed that it wasn’t as good as ceremonial grade matcha, but honestly, this is culinary grade, why would you expect anything else?
- This matcha is lab tested for best quality and safety
- The re-sealable package means less fuss
- This company offers to make right any complaints you might have
- The color and scent are not very lively
Matcha— what’s not to love? This Matcha Powder has all the benefits of matcha: more antioxidants than normal black tea, improved concentration, steady energy, etc. The package contains 4 ounces of matcha powder and comes in a handy container that will keep it good for a long time.
Matcha Powder comes in two varieties: culinary grade and ceremonial grade. The first one is good for first-timers, cooking, and smoothies, while the ceremonial is best for matcha pros. While drinking regular green tea is alright, sometimes you can’t help but long for something with more variety.
With this matcha powder, you can easily incorporate your healthy habit into more fun activities. Baking, making yummy lattes, whipping up a tasty smoothing: you can do it all with this matcha powder. And here’s a little pro tip for you, ladies: you can even use this matcha powder to make a face mask bursting with antioxidants!
- 100% certified organic
- Resealable packaging
- It keeps you active and engaged without the peak and crash of darker teas or coffee
- If you are not satisfied with the product, the company will give you a refund
- The green of the Matcha Powder is not as vibrant as with other matcha products
The MatchaDNA is a product sourced from Chinese family farms, which use organic and traditional high-quality cultivation methods. The matcha powder comes in a pretty tin— which is, by the way, free of harmful chemicals— and gives you all the health benefits of matcha tea, including a great quantity of nutrients.
If you’ve been frowning at all the plastic bags and containers that tea comes in, you’re going to love this one. Plus it comes with a spoon, so you can keep track of how much Matcha powder you’re using to make the drink.
I’m quite partial to this matcha powder because it is devoid of any additives or flavors. Moreover, the color of the infusion is dark, and its scent is strong because it has been grown under bamboo reed canopies. You’ll be glad to know that this matcha powder is also keto-friendly!
Also Read: Best Tea Kettles Reviews And Buying Guide
- Everything about the product is healthy
- Money-back guarantee
- Unlike other matcha products, the MatchaDNA dissolves easily.
- It has a somewhat bitter taste.
The Eco Heed Matcha Powder is a high-quality matcha tea, grown in Japan according to traditional standards. It is ground with stones from authentic spring Sencha green tea (picturesque, right?). It’s said to be one of the best green teas among the culinary varieties.
Like all good matcha, it offers steady, wholesome energy and lots of health bonuses. The Eco Heed Matcha is organic— and has the certificates to prove it! If you’re new to drinking matcha, I’d recommend you get this tea because it comes in conveniently small packages.
It doesn’t make sense to buy a whole lb pack of tea unless you’re sure you’re going to like the taste and will keep drinking it for a while. Additionally, this tea is also quite affordable, so it’s doubly suitable for a matcha virgin.
- The company seems quite transparent as to its cultivation and processing process
- They give you a free recipe Ebook when you buy the product
- The taste is super silky, and it smells like fresh grass
- It does not keep well for long in its original container
A minimalistic sort of best green tea, the Pure Leaf Gunpowder Green tea is made from leaves sourced from exotic yet sustainable areas of the globe: Indonesia. The leaves are rolled and packaged with not much processing. What is distinctive about gunpowder tea is that the leaves have been made into tight rolls, making it easier for the flavors and nutrients to be preserved. It’s also very pretty!
The Pure Leaf is a good example of quality loose green tea. I am often vexed by the powder residue left behind. Thankfully, these silk teabags would save you from that unpleasantness. It also contains quite a lot of caffeine, so watch out if you’re more prone to drinking decaffeinated!
I also like that the manufacturers make sure to let you know the proper procedure of brewing this tea. You are encouraged to rest your boiled water for a minute before pouring it over the bags, steeping for a couple of minutes. This brings out the best taste!
- Certified Rainforest Alliance providers
- Visually impressive
- The taste, smoky and earthy, is quite original
- Does not produce dusty residue
- Quite expensive
How I Pick the Best Green Tea to Drink: Types
Which is the best type of green tea? There are several kinds from which to choose. The best-known varieties are Sencha, Matcha, Hojicha, and Genmaicha.
- Genmaicha is a mixture of green tea and roasted rice: it is a nutritious, earthy, and strong tea with less caffeine than other varieties. It is good if caffeine is not your thing, or for introducing children to green tea.
- Hojicha is essentially roasted Sencha. It is less bitter than its raw cousin and contains less caffeine.
- Sencha is the most common type of green tea available worldwide. It is generally smooth and has a slightly bitter flavor. Gunpowder and pearl green tea are usually rolled out of sencha leaves.
- Matcha is the powder that comes from grinding Tencha leaves. This variety of tea is to be dissolved in the water right before drinking and has traditional uses. It also has more caffeine than the average green tea, and more concentrated antioxidant and other health pluses.
Keep Preparation in Mind!
A good rule of hand for deciding which tea to get is to think of how much time you have. If you are always on the go, maybe a pre-brewed and bottled type of green tea like Honest Tea is a better choice. On the contrary, if you want to take it slow and calm down with the help of a good cuppa, go for the best loose leaf green tea. Something like Imperial Jasmine or Pure Leaf Gunpowder Green.
Also, consider whether you have the right equipment. This doesn’t mean you need the fanciest matcha-only cup on the market, though it also can’t hurt your enjoyment. For example: if you are getting the Twinings Green Tea, think of whether having the recommended machine matters to you.
Best Green Tea for Weight Loss
Often, people are concerned about which is the greatest green tea or the finest green tea extract for weight loss. All types of green tea have great health benefits, like antioxidants that help you keep your skin and bones elastic and healthy and might even aid in preventing cancer.
They also are all good for accelerating your metabolism and keeping you hydrated— essential to a healthy body— and preventing false hunger stemming from dehydration. Most green teas contain caffeine, so keep that in mind when choosing.
Matcha, especially, can make a good, healthier substitute for coffee. Now that you’re through this article, you have the best matcha green tea reviews to help you pick. Just don’t add sweeteners nor rely only on green tea. You build a healthy lifestyle one step at a time!
Also Read: French Press vs Pour Over – Use the Best One
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I Drink Green Tea on an Empty Stomach?
A: You should not drink green tea on an empty stomach. You might be tempted to do it anyway, thinking it will help with weight loss. However, it will cause stomach issues such as pain, nausea, burning sensation, etc.
Q: What Is the Best Time to Drink Green Tea?
A: You should drink green tea in between meals, ideally after you’ve taken a meal and your stomach is full. To reap health benefits, you could have green tea with breakfast instead of coffee. Drinking it before exercise (not on an empty stomach) is also a good idea.
Q: What Should Be the Color of Green Tea?
A: When you brew green tea following the proper method, the liquid should have a pleasant greenish, yellow, or golden color. If you see it has turned darker brown or red, you’ve over-brewed or used water that is too hot, and the taste will be bitter and astringent. Never leave your teabag in the water for longer than 3 minutes, and do not use boiling water.
Buy, Steep, Enjoy!
That said, I will never turn up my nose at a healthful, hearty beverage! There is nothing I like better than to take a relaxing break or to wind up at night with a cozy green tea mug in my hands. Give me the best green tea— any kind, really—, and I will turn up my zen and be happy.